We all have that special sleeping position where everything is happy, safe, and comfortable, and we sleep like babies all night long. Is that position on your back? Side? Stomach? Or is it half way on your side, one leg over the other, your arm bent beneath the pillow and your toes crossed? For side, back, and stomach sleepers, there are positives and negatives, including being easier on your spine and wrinkles! Learn the pros and cons of these sleeping positions and give split sheets a try for a truly amazing night’s sleep.
- Pros: If you’re concerned about wrinkles around your eyes, this is definitely a bonus for this position. It’s also great for your spine and back because they’re both aligned and the mattress is supporting your body. If you’re a back sleeper, though, be careful about the number of pillows you use, this can hinder breathing.
- Cons: Sleepers can blame gravity for this position’s negatives. Gravity causes the tongue to fall into the airway and obstructs breathing. Another downside is back sleepers commonly have poor sleep. But this can be helped with split sheets from Double Ups.
- Pros: The most popular sleeping position, side sleepers can enjoy minimized heartburn and acid reflux symptoms. So if you had too much spiny chili for dinner, try sleeping on your side. Another benefit is for pregnant women, who risk putting pressure on their back when they sleep on their back.
- Cons: If you’ve ever noticed you don’t breath as easy on your left side, it’s because it can put pressure on the stomach and lungs. Actually, side sleeping can affect the muscles and nerves, and the shoulder supporting your body can constrict the neck and shoulder muscles.
- Pros: Unfortunately, there aren’t many benefits for stomach sleepers. If you do enjoy stretching your legs out flat with your head to one side, the benefit of this position is that it reduces snoring.
- Cons: The many negatives include flattening the spine and putting strain on the neck. If you need to sleep in this position, try adjusting pillows beneath your body to eventually train your body to sleep on your side.
The winner according to sleep experts is side sleeping, but try to switch sides every so often (you might do this without recognizing it anyway) to avoid putting strain on your organs. The good news is that however you choose to sleep, you can get a great night’s sleep with help from split sheets.
Sleep With Split Sheets
If you and your sleep partner fight over who is pulling the sheets, there is finally a solution! Split sheets from Double Ups For Beds are tied together at the bottom and are split at the top, giving each person their own separate sheet that they can use however they please. Shop today for top sheets, blankets, comforters, bed skirts, and more! So the next time you snuggle into your favorite fetal position with your ankles crossed, you can be confident you’ll fall asleep peacefully, and perfectly covered.
Have you ever woken up in the morning and you still felt groggy? Even after your morning cup of coffee or shower, your brain just can’t seem to wake up? That’s probably a silly question, since a majority of sleepers don’t always get the amount of shuteye that they need or have restless nights filled [...]
There’s a lot of research and science about sleep, why we need it, the chemicals involved, and how it affects our bodies when we don’t get enough of it. On a recent episode of the podcast Fresh Air, the guest was Matthew Walker, a neuroscientists and professor of neuroscience and psychology at the University of California. [...]
Have you ever had a night of restless sleep? We’ve all been there, tossing and turning, trying to find that position where we feel comfortable. Whether we find that position or not, we still wake up with bed sheets that are tangled and even the fitted sheet is about to fall off the bed. This [...]
Has it been awhile since you’ve had a restful night’s sleep? If you can feel yourself tossing and turning, waking up frequently, or have a hard time falling asleep, the day after can feel like it’s dragging on between cups of coffee. Well, it’s time to make a change in the way you approach going [...]
Did you dream you chased a rhinoceros last night? Was your coworker haunting your dreams? Or did you wake up, try to remember what you had dreamt, but couldn’t recall a thing? Scientists have been studying sleep and dreaming for ages and they are learning more and more, but they aren’t entirely sure yet why [...]
Those of us who love to sleep, love to sleep. The feeling of slipping between the covers, getting cozy among the sheets and comforters, and finding that perfect spot for our head on the pillow makes us slowly drift away for a blissful sleep. The problem comes when we’re sharing the bed. Whether you own [...]
Anyone who has ever been in a new relationship or had to share a bed with someone who tossed and turned, hogged the sheets and blankets, snored, or maneuvered their way into the middle of the bed, knows the struggles of getting a good night’s sleep. When you are a light sleeper to begin with, [...]
Are Adjustable Bed Sheets Right For You? DoubleUps for Beds specializes in high quality sheet sets for all styles of adjustable beds. Adjustable beds require sheets that are custom made with the flex and motion of the bed in mind. Our sheet sets for adjustable beds are of the best-fitting available on the market today, and [...]
Lack of Sleep...How does it affect us!?Why do we blame it on others?Story...Modern life’s sleep troubles — the chronic bleary-eyed state that many of us live in — have long been blamed on our industrial society. The city lights, long work hours, commutes, caffeine, the Internet. When talking about the miserable state of our ability [...]